As my last hey-I-just-turned-25 posts, I wanted to share 25 Chelsea fun facts! And a birthday celebration recap because honestly this past bday was an awesome one- thanks to my wonderful bf and homies 🙂 I’m so lucky to be living in NYC with a group of fantastic people surrounding me! This year is going to be a good one. I’m no longer considered right out of college- weird- and I’m a mature-ish, mid-twenties young woman! June will be the start of lots of new things: a new job at Konnect PR (whoop whoop) and I’ll be moving into a new apartment! 25 is going to be a year of transformation I’ve decided. I want to actually make the changes in my life I’ve been talking about for forever. Now’s the time for doing- not just talking. Cheers to 25!
5 random facts
- I spent a year training in Florida at tennis academies my freshman year of high school- back in the day when my main goal was training to be a pro tennis player
- I’m terrible at ping-pong
- I have never had a traffic violation or have gotten any tickets! (knock on wood)
- I was home schooled from 7th grade up to college. Shocking, I know.
- I have had almost every “pet” animal you can imagine: hermit crabs, snakes, birds, hamsters (17 at one point,) a guinea pig, a dog, snails (my sister was an avid collector when we were young,) fish, a bearded dragon… what else am I missing?
5 long term ambitions/ goals
- Become the go-to professional in my chosen career path- public relations
- One day have enough money saved up to travel to one new country each year
- Be in a position to have fresh flowers weekly- one of the signs in my head that you’ve made it in life!
- Run a full marathon without dying
- Moved back to SF and married in 5 years
5 things I’ve learned
- Never buy fruit from the chain grocery store. I once *almost* paid $9 for grapes. FOR GRAPES. I said nope and returned them. It’s all about those fruit men in NYC (the fruit stands.) Amazing deals.
- Never commute to work in your heels. It’s dumb. And you’ll break your ankles. And- if you’re like me- you will smell up your nice work heels with foot stank.
- Never ever ever stop for those cons in NYC who complement your hair and ask you where you get it done… it’s a scam man. And their hair stylist are no good! NOT worth the “discounts.” And if you’re wondering- yes. Yes, I did learn this the hard way.
- Things never go exactly as planned- so roll with it! And don’t dwell on those unimportant things that didn’t go perfectly.
- You can’t change the past. As in accept what has happened, understand and comprehend the situation… and finally… MOVE ON.
5 things I want to improve
- Consistently live in the present. Seems easy, right? Well, let me tell you it’s the hardest thing I’ve tried to do!
- Be less critical of myself. I am the way I am and I can only evolve in to a better Chelsea one day at a time! Sh*tting on myself because I couldn’t keep it together one day, I didn’t plan for something no one could have foreseen, or calling myself fat after indulging on the exact foods I wanted does no one any good!
- Pray and read The Good Book more.
- Be less quick to anger. *I swear being in NYC has turned me in to a no-nonsense, get-at-me, “you-wanna-go?!” type of person… at least more so than I used to be… or was I always this confrontational? (*partial exaggeration)
- Say “like,” “actually” and “um” lots less.
5 jobs I’ve had since college
- Segment producer at Fox Business Network
- Financial Adviser at Merrill Lynch/ Bank of America
- Account Manager at Fresh Digital Group (a tech start up that didn’t pay me. F that.)
- Tennis Teaching Pro and Pro Shop manager at The River Club
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE AT KONNECT PR!!! THAT’S RIGHT Y’ALL- YA GIRL GOT A NEW JOBBBBBBBBB 🙂