This is pretty much the most delicious and easy to bake dessert you’re ever going to come across. These blondies are really everything I want in a dessert. They’re chewy, crunchy, chocolaty, buttery, sweet & salty and irresistible! Adapted from the exceptional recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction, I went a little crazy and added a few things to the mix. You can basically add any combo you’re craving and throw it in this blondie mix. Like coconut, nuts, dried fruits… other candies– further experimental recipes coming soon! The browned butter really sets this bar apart from the others. I’ve never browned butter before, but I’m a huge fan!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pretzel M&Ms
- almond extract
- butterscotch chips
- white, milk or dark chocolate chips
- more pretzels
- First brown your butter! Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat for about 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat immediately when the butter begins to turn brown. Pour browned butter into large mixing bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Let the mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract in with the butter mixture. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in pretzel M&Ms and any other add-ins you want!
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Don’t over bake- it will seem a bit under cooked, but once cooled these bars will have a nice, gooey and chewy center! Allow blondies to cool for at least 1 hour and cut into squares.
- EAT THEM ALL. But don’t make yourself sick (if possible.)
HAPPY BAKING Y’ALL <3