Whether you’re a die-hard sports fan or simply around for the party—both of which are totally fine in my book—everyone loves to munch on yummy, finger-licking good snacks and bites come game day. I personally am a huge fan of chicken wings. Of all sorts. Barbecue, buffalo, honey mustard… you name it. I’ve always assumed they needed to be deep-fried to be mouth-wateringly tasty. Not the case!
These delicious, juicy wings are coated in a homemade dry-rub made with over a dozen spices including paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper, making for a the ideal game day snack!
These wings have so much flavor and depth thanks to the variety of spices blended together with the subtle sweetness of the light brown sugar. The wings I used are Perdue Harvestland Organic Chicken Wings Party Pack which come in convenient vacuum-sealed pouches. Each of the three packs is filled with about 7-10 frozen wings.
And just as a reminder all of Perdue Farms’ chicken is:
- USDA Certified Organic
- Free Range
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Hormones or Steroids Added
- All-Vegetarian Diet
Baking these wings at 400 F degrees for about 45 minutes yielded perfectly crunchy one the outside, tender on the inside wings. Totally worth the time and effort to make them! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or eat as is. Seriously, the rub is so good that it doesn’t even need a sauce!
Game Day Dry-Rubbed & Baked Chicken Wings
- 1/2 tbsp Ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp Light brown sugar Packed
- 3/4 tsp Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Dried ground thyme
- 5 lbs Perdue Harvestland Organic Chicken Wings Party Pack
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl. In a large mixing bowl, add chicken wings and vegetable oil. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle in and use your hands to massage it into all of the chicken wings, coating evenly.
- Add chicken wings to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cheycheyfromthebay on Instagram and hashtag it #cheycheyfromthebay so I can see your creation!
Love it? Pin it for next game day!