When I’m in the mood for a refreshing, spiced cocktail my go-to is the Apple Cinnamon Whisky Smash made with Johnnie Walker Red Label! With the combination of warming cinnamon spices and crisp apple flavors, this cocktail is great for any chilly afternoon (whether or not it’s the Fall season!). The best apples to use are the sweeter ones, like Fuji or Honeycrisp, which make for a fruity, sweet drink that balances out the bold, smoky notes of the whisky. A touch of lemony tartness and the hint of mint ties this cocktail together making for a wonderful whisky-laced treat to drink.
- 2 Parts Johnnie Walker Red Label
- 1 Part maple syrup
- 1 Part apple cider
- Splash lemon juice
- 3 Slices of apple
- 6 Mint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
- In a shaker, smash together apple slices and mint with a muddler. (Adding a cube helps to break apart ingredients.)
- Add Johnnie Walker Red Label, maple syrup, cider and lemon to shaker. Fill the shaker 3/4 of the way with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into a glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and mint leaf.
Note: This is a part of a sponsored campaign with Johnnie Walker. All thoughts and opinions are my own.